What are signs and symptoms of cognitive decline?
- Increased difficulty with learning and retaining new information
- Periods of confusion and decreased alertness
- Increased reliance on instruction repetition and reiterated reminders
- Taking longer to complete a given task
- Inability to sustain multi-tasking
- Lower frustration/threshold; more easily angered
Even in younger people, illness, injury, effects of medication or surgery and/or genetic predisposition can affect productivity and job sustainability.